Presenting the Lights, Camera, Action! Series
Each of the four titles in this innovative series contains an award-winning script that can be performed by primary or lower secondary students. Included along with the play are detailed modifications for using the script as a stage play, film production, radio play or puppet show. Each title contains:
- Full stage play script;
- Information on stage production roles (e.g. stage directions, casting, set design, costuming, lighting, sound and publicity);
- Film production roles;
- Storyboarding, camera use and shots;
- Details of specific technical equipment required;
- Explanations of film terminology;
- Easy-to-follow shooting script;
- A guide to the process of film editing;
- Photocopiable student activity sheets.
Can Anybody Hear Me? A play that touches on how children deal with their feelings, working through problems, parental role modeling, different personalities and how each person copes with problems differently. Amidst her mother and father arguing, Sarah wants to be heard. Instead she gets sent to her room. One magical night, Sarah’s toys come to life to help her sort out some of life’s difficult problems.Teddy fixes everything with cuddles. Barbie thinks looking beautiful is best. Rag Doll bakes delicious treats in times of stress. Ballerina focuses on a strict regiment of very little food and plenty of dancing to fulfil her dreams. Clown laughs his way through everything and Mechanical Man tries to solve everyone’s problems, or is he the cause of them?
Author: Jacquelin Melilli